Friday, July 4, 2008

waiting for our first born and other nightmares...

Myself and sachin are expecting our little bundle of joy in October. Almost all of the mothers i've come across in my life puts pregnancy as if its no big deal...something that women sail through in a normal life....but i found the initial days of child-bearing to be unbearable, irksome and depressing to say the least...and to top that all, i was vomiting every 20-25 mins irrespective of day or night.....The list of discomforts is long and winding....To even think about it is scary....so i'll leave it at that...

Some of my folks seem to think that it was my inability to control the usual nausea every preggo has to deal with.......even the doc who gave me my very first IV asked "But why do you puke so much??? don't u want ur child to survive?? You are doing this on purpose....It's all in your control..." All these judgements made on me blame the whole world, including myself for the condition i was in....I was bitter towards everything in my vicinity....I had to endure such nightmarish situation for quite some time, I promised myself that NOTHING, and NOTHING in this world can make me go through this once again...

Later, on one of my net sojourns I came across an article on 'Hyperemesis gravidarum' or 'HG' which affects 0.3% of pregnant women....it is characterised by extreme nausea and vomiting not controllable by normal measures....It came as a relief to find that it is a known medical condition, and not something my mind created, which my body would later take on....The extreme low cases of incidence is what makes the public unaware of its existence.

I wrote this to reassure anyone unfortunate enough to be the 0.3% bracket, who might be traumatised, to let them know that they are not at fault.......A word of suggestion to people around them....pls be considerate....don't condemn the hapless women by the suggestion that the disease is being caused by psychological issues........

More info on http://www.helpher.org/hyperemesis-gravidarum/

3 comments:

Sachin said...

hmm good post......i never thought u were doing it on purpose.....and about the second child we will think about it soon ok.......lol

Nithin said...

we are all with u anu chechi..........everythings gonna be fine..................be ready to recieve the young warrior...............

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.